Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Carriages & Cravings



You might think that I'm going to compare the cravings I have to a pregnant woman's, right? Wrong! Nope, I don't know why pregnant women get cravings, but I sure do know why I do: I need ENERGY! Doing The Paperwork at Warp Speed while working two jobs (running two businesses) takes a lot of energy. So, when I need a little pick-me-up, I find myself reaching for some M&Ms. Yes, the peanut provides some protein and fat, along with the chocolate so the sugar is metabolized more slowly and evenly, avoiding a sugar high and sugar crash. They are also nice and crunchy which is very satisfying. Not to mention, M&Ms are very tasty, too.

After a year-long search for a more modern Swedish Emmaljunga pram on Craig's List, and missing out on four of them, I finally struck gold yesterday. I got this pram for only $100. It was an hour away from where I live, but it just so happened that one of the moms whose baby I have in my daycare, had to go to the same city on business so she picked it up for me.



I'm a serious walker and need a REAL stroller. I have an 80s model that I've used to near death, but wanted something special for my daughter. I call strollers like these "cruisers" since they can be handled one-handed and one can walk very briskly, even jog, if desired. They have a HUGE storage basket and the baby is supremely comfortable at any age and size.

The kind of stroller I keep in my car for shopping, I call the "throw and go." I like a nice Silvercross or Maclaren but haven't chosen one for my daughter yet. The Maclarens are good strollers, but I find that I kick the back of them when walking fast. I didn't have that issue with the Silvercross.

For my daycare, I have a Runabout. I couldn't live without this stroller and I've put over 2000 miles on it. For my daycare I also have 2 Maclarens (single and double) and an older model Emmaljunga Viking in grey leatherette.


2 comments:

Rick said...

Hi K -
Thanks for sharing your life and your current journey with the world via the internet. It also has been a privilege for me as you have shared some of your journey with me when I see you at PFC.

As another person of faith (Presbyterian), I will keep you in prayer as God leads you on this journey of faith.

See you soon -
R (PFC novice southpaw)

Rick said...

...forgot to mention that I'm a huge fan of peanut M&M's too!!! Probably my all-time favorite since childhood. :)

R.