Monday, February 19, 2007

My Story, Part 2: My Faith


I am Christian. I was born and raised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am fortunate enough to have a grandmother who lectured in world religions and who taught me never to follow anything or anyone blindly, but to seek truth wherever it can be found and do my own research. So, when I became an adult, I stopped attending church meetings and felt my relationship to Heavenly Father was between He and I alone.

After a couple years, though, I realized there was something missing in my life. I was ending a serious relationship and prayed frequently for guidance in my life. One day, as I sat in the sun on my front steps conversing with God, I realized that in order to become closer to Him, I needed to do the things He has asked me to do. One of those things was to gather in worship.

Long story short, I found a great place to live and started attending church again, where I met some great friends. I've since moved again, about 25 miles up the road, but one of these friends, over 14 years later, has written one of my adoption references. And another, a CPA, did my Statement of Income, another paperwork requirement since I'm self-employed.

I know that I am on God's mission and that it is my privilege to become this child's mother. I'm not a religious nut or fanatic, but a person of strong faith who must give credit where credit is due.

2 comments:

Heather Frandsen said...

From one LDS mom to another, Congratulations!!!!!!!

Byrgadottir said...

Congratulations!
I'm a mother of a boy - 3 years old, born in Lanzhou. I've read a bit of your blog (got the link through chinaadopttalk. We live in Faroe Islands.

Kind regards, and God bless you and your girl!