Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Our Daughters













This was the subject line of the email Cady's mom used in her first email to me! She said that because our group is so small that all of our babies will probably come from the same SWI. They may be as close as siblings, possibly even crib pals. I'm so glad to *meet* yet another person who knows what I'm going through. Cady's family has the distinct advantage of having done it once before and now is exactly where I am in the process with their second adoption.

Each step I take on this remarkable journey gives me the sublime feeling that I'm carrying out what I was put on this earth to do. I know that I have prepared myself my entire life for this. I don't know how many times I can type this or say it or write it, but it's as natural and right to me as drawing my next breath of air. I know that my life will be so enhanced and that life itself will take on a whole new meaning for me when my daughter is placed in my arms. Already, my perception has begun changing.

No comments: