Sunday, March 11, 2007

Thank You for Your Comments!


I'm so glad to be receiving comments and to know that my blog is being read. It feels wonderful to be able to share my journey with old friends and to make new ones and be a part of the adoption community.

As I read other single adoption blogs this past year, I realized that I've finally found my niche. I'm not strange because I laid my own wood floor and love my drill. I've discovered that there are other women who do their own home repairs, refinish furniture and have become or are becoming single mothers by choice. These women, like me, are not anti-man. I think that most of us would love to be married; it just hasn't happened, that's all.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I live, there is a large community of single moms who have adopted children from China and other countries. There is an egroup and I discovered this last year and joined. I attended the group's Memorial Day barbeque last year and the waiting moms gather for dinner every month or so.

My daughter will have a wonderful peer group of girls just like her, who were born in China and adopted by a single mom in the United States. She will meet girls her own age and many who are older. I'm relieved by this since I know that she will have issues that only others in her situation can know, and, perhaps, the older girls can help her through some of it.

No comments: