Saturday, April 7, 2007

Recipe 1: Beef Stew on Rice


This is the first installment of my new cooking/recipe posts. I don't know how often I'll do them, but I'm hoping for at least once a week. The recipes will be basic, healthy and resonably quick, for semi-experienced cooks. I don't have time to go through every single detail, but a beginner cook can fill in the gaps by searching online. For example, how to thicken using cornstarch and water.

Ingredients:
1 package stew meat
carrots, potatoes, onions, celery
1 can diced stewed tomatoes
seasonings
corstarch (for thickening)
Serve over cooked rice or noodles

Season to taste, but I encourage you to minimize the use of salt in favor of other spices. I use 21 Season Salute, which I purchase at Trader Joe's. Also, when I simmer it, I put the lid on the pot.

I don't show making the rice, but it's Calrose rice done in a rice cooker.

This stew can also be made in a crock pot. Just throw everything in, turn it on and come home to dinner waiting.


5 comments:

Clover said...

Spotted your write – ups, it’s cool. Very beneficial and interesting there are some ideas I haven’t heard before. Thanks for sharing.

clover
www.n8fan.net

Leslie Lim said...

I really like your ideas. I truly appreciate your effort in publishing this article. Keep it up and God bless.

Lizzy
www.imarksweb.org

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

joy said...

I really had a great day stopping by. Your recipe is so good to try.

jovie

www.n8fan.net

Cindy Dy said...

It's enjoyable to learn more and more from your blog. Thanks for sharing.

MAcy
www.gofastek.com