Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy 6 Months LID Anniversary to Me!!!



The last six months have simply flown by! As I was driving yesterday, I was thinking that if my wait is 2 years, then I'm 1/4 of the way there. If it's three years, then I'm 1/6 of the way there.

Some of you may remember that I have a beautiful Emmaljunga pram and that I was on the hunt for my "throw and go" stroller. Several months ago, the new Maclaren line came out and I fell in love with the Brown/Pink Techno XLR, which just happened to be the top-of-the-line model. I drooled, tried it out, loved it more and then decided that it was more stroller than I could justify having for my throw and go, especially as the cheapest I'd seen it for was $330.00, not counting shipping or tax.

I am now in stroller heaven! Six months LID must be special out there in the adoption cosmos because, as I was browsing Craig's List, which I do once or twice daily, I was prompted to put into the search Maclaren. Usually I search for the following: Bellini, Pram (looking for accessories for my Emmaljunga), Emmaljunga, Dresser, and then whatever else I'm looking for, which lately has been a Jump-O-Lene, which I found, and a teeter totter, which I'm still looking for. (Remember, I'm a daycare provider.) Late Saturday night, after midnight, in fact, after doing my search for "pram" I typed in Maclaren and there it was - my dream stroller for only $126.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked it up Sunday and I'm in awe that I got this stroller for this price. It's less than a year old and PRISTINE, LIKE NEW!


I tried taking a picture of the actual stroller today but the weather was dull so the light was bad and it over exposed with the flash so here is a picture from online. Later, I will photograph the actual stroller and all the features so you all can see it.

No comments: