Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mini Max Update


Max and I were tired all day today, but he seems to be feeling a tiny bit better. He meows with a real voice and went by himself to lay in the sun and again to lay by the door and get some fresh air. He's more interested in food but hasn't eaten a full meal yet and I'm loath to force feed him until his punctures and bruises are healed. He also walked without falling a single time and quite upright (no dragging legs). I forgot to notice if his tail was up or down, though.

I had to go to the vet again because the doctor wanted me to get him on Epogen again. I am happy to report that I successfully injected it this time AND didn't throw it in the trash can afterward, but put it back in the fridge. I did have to stick him twice, though, because the first stick wasn't in a good position and I didn't want to risk wasting the medication and Max not getting the benefit of it. The needle is very tiny and he didn't seem to mind, but I still felt sorry for him for having to suffer my inadequacy.

Please send me "good stick" vibes! This medicine could really make a difference to Max, a life and death difference.

No comments: