Monday, February 25, 2008

Some New (Used) Things



This is an Amby Baby Hammock. I bought one used off of Craig's List so I could use it with this...


I imagine Apple bouncing in this while I'm cooking. However, my kitchen doesn't have a doorway and is waaaay too small for her to be underfoot playing, so when I saw these things I knew I had to try one. Here it is with the carrying case...


In real life, the hammock is quite large; definitely large enough for a baby from China around a year old, and the spring is good for up to 25 pounds with the option of purchasing a heavy-duty spring for up to 40 pounds. They can't get out of it because of the way their weight is centered in it. It's portable so I can bring it outside. Once Apple outgrows it, or if she doesn't like it, then I'll use it for my daycare babies.

I didn't get the jumpy seat from Amby, though. I don't really like the "jock strap" design. I bought this on eBay instead...


I haven't liked any colors of the newer ones and they have an encapsulated spring. The spring on this one holds 25 pounds, like the Amby spring I have, but I can switch it out for the heavy duty spring if I need to.

So now, Apple will be able to play and jump and munch on "O" cereal on the little tray while I cook or work at the computer (ha ha, am I dreaming?).

1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

Yes, you are dreaming...but a girl can always dream, right? I'm sure it works for some kids, but Eliza only wanted to be in it if I was sitting there looking at her (which defeats the purpose!).

Tiffany