Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Sewed!

I am making my comeback! I actually sewed in a creative manor tonight vs. work related sewing or mending. Here it is, the Panda Skirt!






The reason I said I'm making my comeback is because I used to sew all the time. In fact, I used to bake my own bread and make my own yogurt regularly, too. I am the original Suzy Homemaker/Martha Stewart type but you wouldn't know it since about 2003. In 2004, New Conceptions had grown to be a more time-consuming business and I quit daycare for over a year to develop patterns and remodel my apartment. The remodelling involved repainting and laying a laminate floor, which I did all by myself, and I really burned out. Meanwhile, without daycare, I didn't have a set schedule and I was becoming a very good fencer quickly because I spent about 20 hours a week fencing. It was like having another job.

At the end of 2004 I was remodelling my apartment. At the end of 2005, I was re-establishing my daycare; at the end of 2006, beginning my warp speed paperchase, and at the end of 2007, I was caring for my grandmother -- All the while working as usual, running my two businesses! Needless to say, I didn't have any free time at all, and no vacations. I've been feeling pretty fried.

Now I am rejuvenating in preparation of motherhood. I want to be in top form when I become a mother to give my daughter my very best. I want to set an example to her of creativity and self-sufficiency. I want to enjoy life with her and step out of the rat-race. I want to raise my daughter at a pace conducive to healthy human living, where there is time for play and sleep, cooking and eating fresh, healthy food, reading, snuggling, going to Ocean Beach during the day, or at night with a warm bonfire. I want to be a "cool" mom that my daughter will be proud of, a solid, dependable mom for her to lean on, and a loving, fun mom so she'll enjoy her life.

1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

Looks great!

Tiffany