Friday, April 4, 2008

Outfit of the Day


I made these bloomers from my Boxers & Bloomers pattern for a pattern show I did a few years ago. They are size three. The top, a bodysuit, I found on sale at Babies R Us for $6.20. The minute I saw the top I knew I wanted it for the bloomers.


There are buttons in the middle of the flowers and the flowers are layered so there is a little dimension to the embroidery that looks very high-end in real life.

The fabric that the bloomers are made of is some that I bought from the Chicken Noodle Soup factory years and years ago in anticipation of being a mother some day. Amazingly, the day is upon me and I'm having a blast! All the clothes I brought back with me from Japan and bought from super high-end stores closing in San Francisco is going to get used. My advanced planning definitely paid off.

I should explain that I'm not a name brand snob. I'm an adult who as a kid was made to wear itchy, icky polyester clothing with rough chunky seams or stiff jeans that made me very uncomfortable. My mom always said, "I can't stand shopping with you; you are too picky." I've found that I'm not too picky. I simply had and still have sensitive skin. This made me vow that my children will only have soft, well-made clothing to wear, even if I had to make them myself, which I've done. But from a VERY early age, I kept my eyes open for sales and ways and means to aquire the kinds of things I know I couldn't otherwise afford and now Apple and I are benefitting. She gets to be comfortable and I don't have to spend a fortune.

1 comment:

Kayce said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! I so wish I had talent!