Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple's Dresser



This was the last thing on my list of what I wanted for Apple's room. I'm going to paint it white, of course, to match her crib, and put nice new knobs on it, probably glass, to match the lamp. Oh, I guess I forgot to take a picture of the lamp. Hang on and I'll go take one...


Anyway, back to the dresser, it was a whole $45 (craigslist) and it's solid wood, though the drawers are not dove-tail constructed. It was EXACTLY what I wanted - under 4" wide, bun feet, two columns of drawers and not too tall. I can put a changing mat on the top if Apple is young, and she can reach the top when she's a few years old. It doesn't look baby-ish so it will grow with her room. I'll put a mirror above it on the wall. I can just picture her around 8 years old with her jewelery box, lamp, comb and brush and little nick-knacks on the top of it.

The lamp is from Target. I agonized over it and the lamp shade, but when I got it home, it was perfect. I'm looking forward to putting everything together. I'll do it when her referral is closer or when I'm done with the REALLY, REALLY BIG - HUGE thing.

No comments: