Friday, November 21, 2008

Fashion Friday #5


I've been knitting instead of buying. It takes a lot longer to add to Apple's clothing stash if I have to knit, which is a good thing since I've got so much collected now. This picture doesn't do the set justice. The tights are a solid lavender that looks great in natural light. They have an empire waist and straps that cross in the back and button in the front. These are a European classic. The sweater is a matching lavender but with a white rayon thread added for some shimmer. The yarn is also crimped for texture. It's a size 12 months. The tights took 3-4 days because I had to alter the pattern. The first pair that I made using the pattern's recommended size 12 months fit a large 2 year-old! I made the newborn size next and just added a little length to the legs and they are perfect. I measured them against a 6 month-old in the 70th percentile for height. The sweater pattern was right on for size.


This little set began when I saw the pattern for the hat on the yarn label. Then, I noticed a little pattern booklet with the matching dress pattern. The yarn makes the color patterns as one knits. If you want to see the detail, click on the photo. I left the photo large so you can see it.



No comments: