Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Holiday Season without Apple?


As I drove 168 miles south to spend Thanksgiving with my aunt, I wondered if this would be my last Thanksgiving alone. I realize that the wait and referral rates indicate that I have a long, long way to go still until I have Apple, but anything can happen in a whole year. After all, the wait went from 9 months to 24 months in just a year.

I imagined timing the trip to Apple's nap, packing her things as well as mine and those of any cats that may be coming along. This year I had only one to bring, little Merlin, who is still with me. The others stayed home alone and did well.

It was nice to be in the car with nothing to do but entertain my thoughts. At such moments, my mind inevitably turns to my future with Apple.

As I drove home, I realized I would have to drive more carefully once I have Apple. I'm a very good driver, but did keep up a speed last night just a bit too fast for the strange fog that hit in sudden patches for most of the way. Every time I hit the cruise control, I said to myself, "You can't do this with your child in the car."

No comments: