Thursday, January 29, 2009

Positive Feeling At CCAA


I spoke more with my agency about the "positive feeling" currently pervading CCAA. It seems to have a lot to do with the fact that their new system is more automated and is running smoothly now. I remember when they moved physical locations and then started getting more computerized, so I imagine this must have led to a lot of frustration. Now that things are better, there hasn't been an overt mention of faster, more abundant referrals, but there is a optimistic feeling that CCAA will be working more efficiently.

This information was passed on to my agency directly from their facilitator in China who has direct contact with CCAA.

1 comment:

Lisa and Tate said...

This is great info!!! It does make sense that getting used to a new computer systems would come with a lot of frustration, but would help in the long run!!!
Lisa
(from SALDS)