Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcoming 2009


Happy New Year!

From the moment I started Apple's adoption process my life has never been the same. It suddenly jumped out of the nice predictable 15 year rut I'd been living in and started racing through time. I'm still reeling from the events of 2008, but I know that I'll survive 2009 as I survived 2008. I'm looking forward to the possibilities a depressed economy brings, lowest mortgage interest rates in 37 years rings loudly with me since there's nothing I need more than to buy a home. Need is the right word since both my businesses have outgrown my apartment.

I'm looking forward to starting ice skating lessons on Tuesday. I'd like to get good enough to join the ice dancing class after that and then the St. Moritz club which is a group of ice dancers of all ages and abilities that meet once a week.

Since I can't predict my life any more, I don't know what else lies around the corner for me. Will I lose more cats this year? I still have three geriatric girls left. Will CCAA speed up the number of referrals? Will I find a home and have the miracle of getting the loan?

As I face the first day of the new year, I wonder what life has in store for me and for the world in general. Can humanity lay down weapons and find tolerance and peace? Will humanity step up and nourish the earth rather than suck it dry? Will the world be a better place than it is today on the day I bring my daughter home?

2 comments:

Candace said...

K, wow..great post! Really made me think. I ask myself the same questions. 2009 has so many possibilties for us personally and globally.

Kim said...

Hi :) I saw your post on my blog. I am tracking every single penny this year and reporting it on a second blog at http://kimsnobuy2009.blogspot.com/

I keep everything in excel, it is so easy to see where I go wrong every month lol

Happy 2009!