Friday, August 21, 2009

My Heart Is Fluttering


Referrals came today and Catherine just found out who her daughter is. I've had so much anticipation for her and now that I've read about her referral, I'm all teary. I'm so happy for her; not only did she get her referral, but her daughter is a little baby!

I will be honest and admit it, I am terribly jealous at this moment even though I'm so happy for Catherine. Right now, in this instant, for the first time, my heart is longing and hurting like never before. I will have to make myself suck it up and hold back the pity tears and know that it's just not my turn yet. I need to wait 40 months or more like everything else and it will all be worth it.

I feel for Catherine so much because it's going to be about another week before she sees a picture of her baby. How can that possibly feel for her? She also has to wait two months before travelling? That must be torture.

Congratulations, Catherine, I can't wait to see the pictures when you get them!

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Waiting stinks! What more can I say. I'm so happy for Catherine as well. Your turn will come, friend.

bella said...

I am thrilled for Catherine.
It sounds like they do things differently up in Canada.
I just can't imagine having to wait a week after receiving a referal to see your baby's picture. But, they all do it with Canadian adoptions.
Your Right Kim, It will all be worth it, hang on. bella