Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dreaming of Apple


Tonight was the Relief Society Christmas Party at my church. In my church, the woman's sunday school is called the Relief Society and it's the largest all women relief/humanitarian organization on the planet with 5 million members.

We had dinner and then a holiday presentation. During the presentation, some children sang as a little choir alone and then with their moms and all I could think about is that one day, my little Apple will be a shining dark-haired angel among all the little blond angels, up there singing her little heart out. Later, when she's bigger, she might be the girl playing a piano solo.

I bought a Christmas tree last Sunday and decorated it tonight. One of these years, I'm going to have my little Apple with me, all bundled up, snug in my arms or toddling beside me in the tree lot, picking and choosing the perfect tree. Her eyes will be wide with wonder as she sees the lights turned on for the first time and she'll probably cry when I take her picture with Santa Clause.

No comments: