Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm Part Vampire


I haven't read any vampire books or seen any of the movies, but I know I'm part vampire because my natural body rythym is to work at night and sleep during the day. No matter what. I could be super, super tired and still stay up to 4am and not even notice until I happen to glance at the clock. I did manage to get through my school years, rising while it was still dark, and then stay up until 1am or so.

Now that I've been sewing again, I'm in that blink and miss the hours passing mode again. I suppose I need to put a clock in the sewing room because I need all my rest for getting through my daycare days.

I've also not been to church a single time so far this year. When one goes to bed at 4 or 5am on Saturday, it's nearly impossible to get up by 8am and be at church by 9am. In fact, the few times I've tried it, I slept right through the alarm. It was part of my dreaming.

Last night, I made a good effort. I was in bed at 2am and then remembered something, so I got back up and took care of it and was back in bed by 3am. I set the alarm for 10am and my goal was to make it to the last hour of church. I couldn't sleep, though. I have some things on my mind right now that won't rest. When I thought sleep was finally coming, Henry started choking badly and I needed to help him. He coughed and sputtered hugely, spraying my face with heartburn babyfood chicken droplets, but he didn't vomit. I let him wrap himself around my neck, which keeps him upright somewhat and he likes to burrow in my hair, and we both fell asleep.

At this point I set the alarm for noon so I wouldn't end up sleeping the entire day away. It's now 2pm and I'm typing this from my bathtub because I'm going to wash my hair before getting started in the sewing room again. I'll post pictures later today because I've really been making progress lately in there.

No comments: