Monday, March 22, 2010

Jinx - Flooded Laundry Room


I received an email from my youngest sister in which she mentioned she'd had some flooding in her house. It must have been a jinx because last night I went downstairs to scoop out the litterbox and the sink that my washing machine empties into was overflowing. There had been a rag in the sink and it plugged the drain. I looked at the floor and gasped. It was 1/4 to 1/2" deep in water! Luckily, my small carpet cleaning machine was right there. I squished my way to it, plugged it in, turned it on and started sucking the water right up off the linoleum. In no time I filled the container so I dumped it and began again and again and again. I over flowed the container twice and knocked it over once, re-spilling the water, but finally got most of it up. Today I cleaned the rest up. Hopefully, nothing nasty will grow under the linoleum.

No comments: