Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sanding & Sealing Saturday & Sunday


On Saturday morning, the young men (ages 12-18) came over and sanded my play structure. They like to do service projects and there was an announcement at church a couple months back asking if anyone needed anything done. I mentioned my play structure and darn if those guys didn't jump right on it.

I'm very, very grateful to them because this was something I was loath to do. With about 8 (4 with electric sanders) of them working for 1 1/2 hours, they got most of it done. Can you imagine how long it would have taken me?

I then spent the next 8 hours painting the Clear Penetrating Epoxy on it and then spent another several hours at it on Sunday. There's over $100 worth of epoxy on that thing but it looks gorgeous and it should last a good long time now.

I think I'm supposed to put some varnish over it next, and it's got to be within a few days, before the epoxy cures. I hope to be much faster painting it on now that I've had some practice.

No comments: