Friday, July 16, 2010

Fashion Friday #25



I've been hitting the shops just right for all the great stuff. I was in my friend's resale store when a woman came in, mother of two girls, must be rich, dropping off name-brand clothes, so I got to pick and choose first and I loaded up on Hanna Anderssen play dress sets in multiple sizes, an Isreali brand called Shilav, and more, like Cakewalk, Baby Biscotti and Naartjie. Remember, it's not the name brand for the brand's sake I like, it's the quality, comfort and cuteness I'm after. A day or two later, another batch of Hanna A. stuff was brought in, this time the summer play dress sets. I outfitted Apple and volunteered as a personal shopper for one of my daycare kids whose mom couldn't get to the store in time to shop for her daughter, too.




Remember my killer shopping spree at Gymboree? I really wanted this brown corsage skirt, part of the Glamour Safari Collection. With my Gymbucks, I was able to get it for about 75% off, or about $7.00!!! Isn't it cute with the giraffe shirt?



This next outfit is also Gymboree, their newest collection, Poppy. I only bought these two pieces, then just happened to find some coordinating fabric at my local craft/fabric store to make a skirt with.



I also had my eye on a romper at GAP. It was $30 and I waited. I'm good at waiting - LOL! I ended up getting it on sale for $6.99!!! The fabric reminds me of Mayan prints and is shot through with gold threads. Here it is:



These last three are random findings. The holiday dress is Baby Biscotti and I fell in love with the ruffle/flounce at the bottom and the fact that the dress had sleeves. So many little dresses are sleeveless these days. Notice the price on the puppy t-shirt from H&M. The fabric of the t-shirt is supremely soft. I wish I had one. The last outfit is also H&M and is a beautiful linen set in pale pink with great heirloom sewing technique details, like tiny pleats and insets.







No comments: