Sunday, July 25, 2010

This & That


My social worker came today and it took most of the visit just to show her the house. She was impressed! I was even impressed because when I show it to people for the first time, I see it through different eyes than I do on a day-to-day basis.

My most pressing problem of the moment is my lawn mower. It started sputtering when I was using it today and then it died. I got it going again a few times, but then that was it. I couldn't get it going to mow the front grass. It has gas and oil. I need to get online and troubleshoot about spark plugs and see what I can find out.

I also have been trying out a new gadget. I bought one of these:

Nesco American Harvest FD-1018P 1000 Watt Food Dehydrator Kit

I don't know why I thought of getting one before since I'm swimming in fruit from all of my trees. My fencing instructor is the one that put me on to it. It would have been great last season for all the tomatoes and peaches. This year, I'm drowning in plums. I tried drying them, but they are too sour so I made the most perfect fruit leather, first try, with them after adding an apple and banana to the plum puree. Now I'm ready for my apples, which will be ready next month, and I'm going to make beef jerky like crazy. I love having more snack options for my daycare kids.

1 comment:

karen said...

Our fruit dehydrator is the same as yours. I need to start using it again...lol. I love having one of those and a juicer. You can put ANYTHING into a juicer. BTW, we got our lawn mower thru a newspaper ad 8 years ago, and it still runs great. If you end up needing a new one, I'd check there first.