Sunday, September 12, 2010

Are You Rich?


I sold one of the plastic play structures I no longer need for my daycare now that I have the wooden one here at my new house. A man and his 6 yr. old (or so) sone came to pick it up. The little boy had to go potty so I let him into the downstairs daycare area. He came out and asked if he could try my swingset. His dad gave permission so he tried it. He looked around some more. He came up to me and asked, "Are you rich?"

I replied, "No, very far from it. Why?"

He answered, "Because you have all this stuff."

I guess my place looked like FAO Wonderland to him.

I explained to him that I am a daycare provider like his mom (she's just getting started) and that during the week when moms go to work, they bring their kids over for me to take care of and then it's like a preschool here. I also explained that for a couple years before buying my house, I did what his mom did and looked on craigslist for items I'd be needing and when I found them, I stored them until I moved.

He was very cute and very smart in such a good way.

No comments: