Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BIG Announcement


Due to recent changes at CCAA, I MIGHT be able to do a concurrent adoption of an older child and still stay in line for Apple, even as a single woman. The being single part is the catch that I'm having my agency checking on.

According to my agency, which is still scrambling to figure out these new changes, I MIGHT be able to have the concurrent adoption "ride" on my currently logged in dossier and merely make an amendment to my 1-600A.

The idea of adopting an older child is something I've thought about in a sense of, "What would I do if...", never thinking it might be possible. After spending the summer with an 11 yr. old girl in my daycare, and having her after school for a couple years now, tutoring her, dealing with the times she's told lies, etc..., I always said to myself, "Pay attention and learn because it's experience that will help me be a better mom when Apple is older." I also often had thoughts along the lines of, "If this was MY daughter, I'd do things THIS way."

I think it became closer and more personal after attending the premiere of Wo Ai Ni Mommy last March. I didn't really connect my inquiry at my agency to the new announcement at CCAA last week, but that must have triggered something in my subconscious. I've also been looking at clothes for older girls for several months now without really knowing why, since I never planned to shop for Apple past the occasion special size 4.

On a practical note, I have no idea how I can afford an adoption right now, but I know that if it's the right thing to do, that will work itself out.

1 comment:

Karen said...

WOW! That would be a huge undertaking! I don't think Scott and I could have done that....or at least would have been able to invest the time and energy to do it. Hope it works out for the best. You sound very excited about the prospect of being able to do it.