Friday, September 3, 2010

Even More Fingerprints


I remember my excitement at receiving my first CIS related paperwork, the paper saying I could get my fingerprints done which I even noted in my timeline. Now, I can't remember the day the envelope arrived this time around.

I finally opened it yesterday and was dismayed to find that, instead of a window of days, I was assigned a fingerprinting appointment for Friday, Sept. 24 at 8am. I cannot take off work, or several others must take off work since I am a childcare provider. Fortunately, today I only had three kids and had my assistant watch them while I went to the CIS office to see about changing the appointment. I'd tried calling but never could get a live person on the line.

I easily found parking, which is rare, and turned out to be a lucky omen because when I went in, the guard at the door said they weren't busy and to talk to the boss "at that table over there" and see if he get fit me in. I was in, done and out again in only 24 minutes! I think this is the 6th, 7th or 9thth time I've been fingerprinted since Jan. 2007. Now that I'm trying to think and remember, I realize it's been so many times that I've lost count!

1 comment:

Karen said...

We're expecting our renewal package from HSent in December, and will have to do it all by March. We also found last time, that when we made a surprise visit, they got us right in for fingerprints. Weird system!