Monday, September 20, 2010

Older Child Adoption Class and More


Yesterday I attended a class required by my agency for those wanting to adopt an older child. They consider an child older over two years old. As with most of the classes I've attended, I feel it's just a repeat of what I've learned so far and I feel well ahead in my preparations for parenthood. My social worker has said I'm at the head of things, too. I was the ONLY one with a list of questions and brought of two topics that my social worker greatly expanded upon.

Now to the more part of this post. I am actually considering adopting two children at the same time as well as continuing my adoption of Apple. I would really love to do this, but the financial aspect is what is holding me back. I just don't know if I can afford health insurance for three children and myself. I am going to investigate options this week. I'm not very knowledgable about health insurance so I will probably contact an insurance agent. I would appreciate any information from you readers about getting good deals on insurance. What should I look for and where do I look?

2 comments:

Karen said...

WIth our insurance, it starts at a cost for the individual, then levels up at adding a spouse, and levels up also for adding a dependent. But there is no added cost for how many dependents, so long as you can prove they are your dependents and not just other people you are adding to the policy.
Mind you, that is not private health insurance, it's thru my husband's work, and we pay our monthly towards it. So this might be completely different for private insurance. And who knows, perhaps the costs will also go down once the Health bill gets going.

Lisa~~ said...

Hi, Just responding back regarding the sheets that Maisie is selling. Unfortunately I don't have a site that shows the colors. If you are interested in ordering sheets in a "safe" color like white or take a chance on one of the other colors (all are actually quite pretty), please email at LisaShanahan@gmail.com and let me know. Thanks!