Friday, October 8, 2010

Answered Prayer


It suddenly hit me while loading the dishwasher that my prayer to know how many children to adopt was answered! Sometimes our prayers are answered in somewhat mundane ways, such as through a social worker.

I'm starting to come out of the shock phase, which I now recognize as being perfectly normal. When I started Apple's process, the first thing I did was go to the bank to get current bank statements and I had to run out into the parking lot because I was sure I was going to vomit. Luckily, I didn't, but I definitely remember the shock of taking such a huge life-altering step.

I've been very concerned about money, but that is also something that is starting to smooth out. It looks like the fees are not as much as I expected and my agency charged me much less for my homestudy update than I expected (over 50% less)!

I am definitely starting to switch gears here. I am not going to go to gymnastics any more, but will save that money each month. I find myself wanting to eat out, then not being able to decide where to go, then eating at home because I don't want to spend the money. I'm ready to start doing the things around the house, like planing the doors, painting and scraping door frames.

I have not decided on an age yet, but it would be convenient to find a two year old since I have the most clothes in that size and Jie Jie could use Apple's crib as a daybed. Once I find my child, it will all be much easier, I'm sure. It's a pretty big switch in gears in my head after focusing so much on preparing for one child. I think of everything as Apple's, but Jie Jie could be Apple. It's a little hard to explain... What I do know, is that this is something I can work on now, and it's free, so I'm giving it some attention now. I suppose it's all part of nesting and I'm a Super-Nester!

No comments: