Friday, October 1, 2010

Current Reading


I've started the next book in my quest for information. It's called Our Own: Adopting and Parenting the Older Child by Trish Maskew.

I am about half way through it and it's VERY informative. I like how the author writes about each issue, what it is, how to identify it, and how to deal with it. I think this author goes into more detail with the possible solutions to the issues than many authors do and that the solutions are practical and easy to implement. She uses a LOT of examples from a variety of families. At the same time, she also gives parents tips on taking care of themselves and coping mechanisms.

The Primal Wound gave great descriptions of the issues and some solutions, but Our Own, I feel, expands on the solutions, provides more detail and examples.

This book will definitely be a ready-reference on my bookshelf!

No comments: