Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Update #11


My agency heard back from China today. Please keep praying because it's a little more of the same --- another agency requested the file at the same time that my agency did. CCAA gave preference to the other agency because the family interested in her was married and I'm single. I understand this, though it doesn't make me feel any better. My agency's in-China coordinator will follow up in a few days because families usually only have 72 hours to hold a file.

I still feel very positive, but it's a little hard now and then throughout the day. I'm trying to stay VERY occupied to keep my mind from dwelling on things. I've also continued my diligent praying and hope that you are still hanging in here with me on that. Your prayers are working because I've gotten this far. I have just a tiny bit more to go...

2 comments:

Karen said...

If the facilitator is still Chris, he is awesome. He's extremely intelligent, and tries his hardest for the children and the a-parents. He took the time to take us to Cady's finding place, even though it was 2 hours out of the way. He told us about the IMPORTANT things about her birth city, and made sure we video taped it, for her future reference. He also adopted a baby that he found 2 years ago. That man is a God send for sure. If anyone can talk to CCAA in the best way possible, it would be him.

K said...

Thank you for the info and vote of confidence. It's either Chris or his son. I look forward to meeting Chris when I travel. I hear he also likes books and doesn't give gifts to people who are just doing their jobs. When I first learned about the amount gift-giving most families do, I was offended, so I was glad to learn this about Chris.