Monday, January 17, 2011

Dec. 27, 2010 - After "The Call"


Remember, The Call came at 8:40pm so I was already in my pjs and had been crying and laughing in amazement. Earlier the same day, I had a strong feeling that I should assemble the doll bed, even though I had no idea my daughter's file was going to be locked for me. I just coudldn't take it back to the store!

The doll bed by the front door with the
receipt sticking out of the upper right corner.






Then I played with the doll!

I bought the doll Oct. 31, 2010 and when I left the store and got to my car I realized what I'd done. It was on the drive home that my brain finally realized what my heart had known all along, this was my daughter and I was ready to begin the process of adopting her.

I wasn't sure if I should take the doll out of the box and get it all set up or leave it in the box and let her open it. I decided to have her room and toys all set up so there would be a sense that she already belongs.

1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

I think it's nice to have the doll out of the box...you made the right decision.
I always try to take my kids' stuff out of the box before I wrap them for holidays...that way they can just start playing.