Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Have Pre-Approval!!!



At 8:40pm tonight, Jan. 11, 2011, my agency called to give me the great news...

I'm going to be a MOTHER!!! CCAA issued my Pre-Approval!

My little girl will be 7 years old on Feb. 15 but she is very, very tiny. She is only 103cm (40.5") tall and 33.5 pounds, the size of a petite 4 year old.

She is from Jiangxi, China, where she lives family style within her orphanage. Her caregiver is her "grandma" instead of an Ayi (aunty) and she lives in a room with her grandma and, perhaps, 2-3 other children. The rooms are about the size of a classroom and set up sort of like a studio apartment would be. The babies sleep in large oval woven baskets. I don't know what my daughter sleeps in or on or if she sleeps with her grandma. Please note that this is not a biologically related grandma, but an honorary title give to her caregiver who is an older woman (over 50).

She likes to sing, do art books (coloring books?), and is envious of the children who get to wear a backpack and go to school.

She is very polite, especially to the elderly and is very helpful - happily so.

She is active and tried to teach herself to ride an adult-sized tricycle!

There is so much more, but I've just spent the last 4 hours trying to get my computer to work well enough to post this much. It froze when I opened my photo program and I've got to get some sleep - if I can.

I will post the whole story when I can, but I don't think I'll ever know what truly happened to make this possible! She is truly, truly The Child of My Heart, and worth all the heartache of the last 3 months and 11 days of trying to get her.

28 comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! What a miracle. She is SO beautiful and she is going to love her new mommy. I look forward to following along!

DiJo said...

Kimi,
CONGRATULATIONS! She is GORGEOUS!!! My daughter Ruby is from Yugan SWI!!! We brought her home in May, 2007. She was in foster care, and I can attest from the photos we have that she did sleep in a basket!
I pray that your precious girl will bring you the kind of joy Ruby Mei has brought our family!!!!

~Diana

DiJo said...

P.S:
You know they call them Jiangxi Jewels for a reason!
They are precious and beautiful!!!

Lori Printy said...

Congratulations she is absolutely adorable! We came home with our daughter 8 mos ago and are already ready to go back. It is an amazing journey to motherhood. Enjoy it all!

Sharon said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you and for your sweet daughter! She is just beautiful!

Catherine said...

Oh Kimi! I'm SO happy for you!! Your little girl is absolutely beautiful! What a precious, petit little thing she is!

Cannot wait to follow your travels to China!

Haven't stopped thinking of you all morning since I read your exciting news a few hours ago. Just had time now to pop in and comment.

WHEEE!!!! You're a MOM!!!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable and sounds like such a sweetheart!

3D said...

Congratulations! It is such a wonderful experience and being a mom is the best. Your little girl is precious!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. What a great miracle!

Kim said...

That is awesome!

Elizabeth said...

How exciting!!!! Can't wait to follow your story!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your daughter. She is beautiful. I have 2 granddaughters from Jiangxi and love them so much. Congratulations.

RamblingMother said...

Congrats! Wonderful news! She is precious.

Karen said...

WOW Congratulations. It all worked out in the long run...she was the one meant to be Apple's older sister. She actually looks like she belongs with you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :) God had that plan for you and he is following through with it (and he's not done yet). She is beautiful!

foreverfamily said...

Prayers answered! Congratulations doesn't express our enthusiasm enough! Can't wait to hear the whole story.

Christel and Family... said...

She IS gorgeous!!!! How in the world am i going to concentrate on making dinner until i can call you! :)

Amy said...

I have been checking your blog for days waiting for this update . . .

OH MY!!! She is BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations on your Jiangxi girl, we have one too.

Looking forward to the story.

Best,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have been watching to hear the word! You have been very patient! I am so excited for you! You are right she is very tiny. Our two five year olds are the smallest in Kindergarten and they are almost her size. Just at 40 inches and 32 pounds. Our 71/2 year old is 40 pounds and I think about 45 inches and she is very thin. You have a teeny tiny on your hands. HOping you travel soon! We leave Feb. 9th
Vicki
http://www.pomafamily.blogspot.com

trina said...

She's beautiful!! I'm so happy for you! trina

Eliza2006 said...

I am SOOOO HAPPY for you! I would call, but I've misplaced your #! I can't wait to see her with you!

Lisa and Tate said...

This is soooooo cool! Congrats to the new mommy... She is so amazing!

Joannah said...

She is a beautiful little girl. I am so happy for you both!

B said...

This is the news I have been waiting for!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Kimi! She is just a precious, litte petite thing. What an amazing gift from God that you are going to be her MOTHER. SHE is blessed! YOU are blessed! God is good! Love you and cannot wait for you to hold her in your arms for the first time....and forever!!!

Special K said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news.

clarks012000 said...

I am weeping with joy for you right now! Literally weeping. God is so good! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see you and your daughter! She is beautiful!
Cheryl

M3 said...

Aw, congratulations Kimi, this is such big news. Enjoy enjoy! Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You shouldpost a Kleenex alert on your blog because your journey made me cry (happy tears, but still....) Wishing you and your DD-to-be speedy travel!