Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Adoption Path


I've been getting some questions that I'd like to answer here in case it will help someone else find their way to their child.

Yes, I am single.

My dossier has been logged in with CCAA since April 15, 2007.

I will be using a copy of my dossier to adopt Jie Jie, something CCAA introduced last September.

My original dossier will stay in line, where it's been for the last 3 years and 9 months, awaiting a referral "the old fashioned way." This will probably take at least two more years.

I am adopting both of my children under the old I-600A non-Hague paperwork.

Yes, I am fund-raising and donations are very welcome. Because this program was just introduced, I didn't have time to plan for it like I did with Apple, and it has to fit in this time-frame to be possible. Had I known, I would have had a financial plan in place long ago. If you are interested in helping, please look for the donation button on the right of my blog.

My daughter was available for adoption for an entire YEAR before I was able to lock it. Her profile was listed as Special Focus.

I found my daughter myself, with God's help, of course, on the Love Without Boundaries Blog where they advocate for children. Please take some time to visit this blog and see the amazing work that LWB does to save lives. This organization paid for my daughter's surgeries!

My daughter does have a "special need" but her medical history is a private family matter unless we decide to share it in the future in order to help others. She is old enough that we will need to make this decision together once she understands what this means.

5 comments:

Erika said...

i just wanted to stop over and say HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! She is beautiful!

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I am so happy you are adopting this precious girl. She caught my eye more than once. Congrats, she is a BEAUTY!

Gille said...

I read your news just a few days ago but wasn't able to comment. I am beyond thrilled for you and blessed by your story. Congratulations on becoming a mommy!

Chrissy said...

I think my heart & breathing just stopped from sheer excitement! I am full of joy for you and for Jie Jie and for Apple! The magic of being a parents to a 7 year old will fill your days with wonder!

Special K said...

This is amazing! I had no idea they were allowing singles to do 2 adoptions from China on the same dossier. That's wonderful news. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Very happy for you!