Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Precious Girl


Tonight as I will be getting ready for bed, my little girl will be waking up to celebrate her 7th birthday. I know that her special day will be celebrated in a fun way for her and she will feel loved and happy.

Somewhere in China is a mother and father who are grieving the loss of their daughter, who they clearly loved, remembering the day their little girl was born. My prayer is that God somehow lets them know in their very soul that their little girl has been well-cared for and loved all this time and is about to get another mommy who will love and cherish her as they obviously did. Her special need, before surgery, was significant, and they loved her and cared for her, keeping her alive and with them for 7 months.

I can only imagine how scared and broken-hearted they must have been, unable to get the medical care she needed. Even if they could have afforded it, the doctors at several big hospitals in her province simply didn't know how to help her. Her SWI, through Love Without Boundaries, took her all the way to Shanghai three times for the surgeries that she needed.

Happy Birthday, my daughter! We'll be meeting soon!

4 comments:

China Dreams said...

Our daughter in China turns seven in two weeks. I can't wait to follow your journey since you'll be there before me.

Happy Valentine's Day & Happy Birthday to your Little One,
Ruby

Cristy said...

Happy Birthday! I know it was hard for you to miss it, but it is the LAST she will have without her Mommy celebrating with her. I will continue to pray for her, and for you. Thank you so much for your encouragement on my blog post!

B said...

I sent you an email today saying Happy Birthday to my sweet niece *before* I read your lasted post. I even mentioned in passing to another teacher that I have a niece that turned 7 today. Put a smile on my face to actually say the words out loud for the first time. xoxo

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter! Next year you'll be celebrating it together!!