Friday, March 18, 2011

Down to the Wire


One week from today I am on that plane and I have a million things to do. I need another self, a clone.

Something stinks in here, like cat stink, which just doesn't happen in my lovely home of many cats. I need to find it, and get rid of it because it's just not the way things normally are around here. I fear that someone may not have been able to reach the littlebox for all the suitcases, boxes, paint cans, and other misc. that's been all over the floor since January. Poor Poppy developed a ceiling fan and fixture phobia, probably because the view was to look up. I can't pick her up in any room with a ceiling fan or she panics.

I need to dust. Desperately! I sanded Jei Jei's shelf indoors, back in February, I believe it was, and there's still dust in many places.

I need to wash all Jei Jei's clothing.

I need to sew her duvet cover and rocking chair pad set.

I need to do my bookeeping and taxes (or file an extension).

I need to make a 1 1/2 sized batch of cat food.

I need to find a way to get Henry to eat enough calories to maintain his weight. He's the incredible shrinking cat again. Scary day today, he's down to 5 lb 1.2 oz. He gave up eating homemade food during his last illness and I can't get him back on it and the canned stuff he likes doesn't have enough calories in the small quantity he can eat.

These are the necessities, I won't list the things I would like to do because I am finally out of time!

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

If I was closer I would be there helping. I know you will get everything done and then have an awesome journey to get that precious little girl.

clarks012000 said...

Take a deep breath. :)

The Raudenbush Family said...

ENJOY these last minute preparations! You are about to go on the amazing trip! :)
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations and Happy Travels!! For your cat who is losing so much weight, there is a powder that dieticians use for humans and is added to foods to increase caloric intake. THere is protein powder and soy protein powder but ask a vet to make sure that these can be digested by cats! We just returned home in October 2010, enjoy the journey!!
Nancy (nancynandre@hotmail.com)

The Straight's said...

See you in GZ! Our gotcha is the 28th too!!