Monday, March 28, 2011

Mother & Daughter Finally Together!











I don't know what to say because there is so much! Jei Jei is WONDERFUL! We were the only ones in the room and I was doing paperwork when we heard her arrive. I stood up and headed toward the door and she walked right in, said, "Mama," and walked right into my arms. She was then more curious about where she was than who she was with. She's quite curious and fearless and I then got her attention by showing her the things in her backpack. I was then distracted by paperwork and things were going fast and all I wanted to do was to pay attention to her, but she was fine exploring. Before I knew it, I was leaving and she was in my arms! All smiles, no crying, definitely knowing I was her mama and the main person she should be with. On her own, she shared her food with me, putting it into my mouth and letting me put food into her mouth. Later, I could see that she didn't really want me to rub her back, but all other touching was fine. By the end of the day, rubbing her back seemed fine, too.

I ended up bathing her and she was very glad. She couldn't get into the water fast enough and proceeded to wash herself well after I washed her. I put her innermost layer on that she came wearing since they were clean and comfortable jammies and had the scent of familiarity, but I think all her clothes are new.

When we went back to the civil office to complete the paperwork in the afternoon, she got a look on her face while we were in the elevator that made me think she was scared and I realized no one had told her what we were going back there for. I had the guide explain quickly. It was the only time she drew away from me and sort of checked out, but once she understood what was going to happen, she was fine again.

We ate dinner out with the Straights and the food was delicious and inexpensive even though the restaurant was a fancier one. We had a room to dine by ourselves. My girl ate and ate. She needs a therapy done and when I went to do it, she cried - hard - and I could tell she was crying for her Po Po. I decided to skip the therapy for that time because she was so tired and it was too personal and wrestling her to do it would be very damaging to our relationship.

We are going to the orphanage today. It means another really long day for my daughter, but we cannot pass up this opportunity. It's a three hour drive each way.

She is VERY small. Forget the new measurements. Forget the old measurements. She is 102.5 cm tall in bare feet, but solid. She is healthy but there are two things that need to be addressed medically that were not in her file. One was a strong possibility so I'm not surprised, but the other is the possibility of minor club feet. Her feet could have developed that way due to her gait; I'll find out after we're home and get evaluations done. She runs, jumps, skips, dances.

She LOVES to sing!!! If I start to sing to her, she joins right in. She's very smart and has learned parts of songs I've sung already. She will learn English in a jiffy. I am super glad for the trampolines I have at home. She is a major jumper on the bed girl, something I'm discouraging because I want to start as we intend to go on (to a degree) and I don't want to deal with a cracked head and stitches in China.

I need to go because she's been awake for a bit and I hate being on the computer when she's right here. She's already told me today that I'm mama hao, a good mama! I'll caption the photos later...




















25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some things are just meant to be. You both look so happy together and I am so happy for you both. She is beautiful!

LCN

The Alchemist said...

Oh - I've been waiting to see this one. I'm so happy for you. Happy tears running down my face as I type. I hope the rest of your trip goes as smoothly.

Jennifer

Gille said...

I'm so happy for you!!! I showed my family the pictures. I've been telling them about you over the weekend and they are happy too. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I am praying for you guys. So exciting!

Melanie said...

Kimi, She looks so happy(you do too!)!!! Congratulations!!

Cristy said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the ones of you carrying her in the ERGO! You are such a good mommy to "begin as you mean to go on".... very wise! And glad you know the Straights, Donna is a great resource if you need her! Many blessings to you and your daughter!

Amy said...

Congratulations to you and your little girl. So sweet! the two of you look perfect together.

Enjoy your time in China. Truly a trip of a life time.

Looks like you have an Eurgo I used mine the entire time in China and I think it really helped with bonding.

Blessings
Amy

P.S. Watching your story unfold is inspiring me . . . a precious older girlie (praying my RH will come around)

Tina Michelle said...

That is so sweet! I am so happy for you!

mimifrancoise said...

Congratulations! I've been reading your blog for a while and I am so glad that you now have your beautiful daughter.
Fran (grandmother to 2 China beauties. My daughter is single also)

karen said...

Ive also been waiting to see this post, K. Looks like you're doing great with her!!! She's a doll.

dollsaga said...

Congratulations! the 2 of you are finally together! JeiJei looks like a very happy & outgoing girl. I noticed she wears a special necklace called "Longevity Lock", its believed wearing it could bring health and happiness to the child as the lock could ward off evil and “lock” life. It probably is a gift from several people who loved her dearly... Happy gotcha day & wish you a pleasant stay in China!

B said...

Tears, tears, and more tears are flowing for you both!!!!! You two look beautiful together. You have a glow, and Jei Jei is just precious, precious, precious!!!!! God is good....what a gift! XOXO

Eliza2006 said...

Tears from me too! She is beautiful and you definitely are glowing! A million congrats! You and Jei Jei are both so lucky and blessed to have found each other!

A&A's Mama said...

So much happiness! So much joy!

foreverfamily said...

what a great reception! you both look wonderful! keep up that power of dicernment and follow those first intincts.

Chrissy said...

I can't put into words. I'm speechless....beautiful isn't enough to describe it.

Ressa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have been truly blessed. We will continue to pray for the transition and health.

God be with you.

Deanne

Debbie said...

She's beautiful! So glad that the first day was peaceful. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your trip as well.

China Dreams said...

What a wonderful beginning! So great that you could get together with the Straights for dinner-the girls look like they could be sisters. Enjoy!

Ruby

Kathy said...

Just want to say Congratulations! She is as beautiful as I remember her when we went to the orphanage.I remember the trip as if it were yesterday. My daughter came through those same doors when she was placed in my arms. Priceless!
Corgratulations! Enjoy the trip. It goes by so fast.

Kathy
DD- Emma

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I'm so happy for you!

Sandra

RamblingMother said...

precious! so glad for you both.

Sherri said...

That is so very sweet, congrats to you and your beautiful daughter! She looks so very happy to be with her Mama.

4ever said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! She is beautiful and I'm glad that things are going so well! Enjoy your time in China - it is such an amazing place.

Special K said...

Congratulations! So glad to hear it's going well. She looks wonderful. Absolutely breathtaking!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Congratulations!!!

I remember you looking and looking for her … and now you are together.

Thank you for sharing a glimpse into this miraculous journey home for Jie Jie.