Saturday, March 26, 2011

We're In Hong Kong


We made it just fine to Hong Kong and will leave later this morning for Nanchang. The flight went fast for me since I slept a lot after staying up ALL NIGHT getting things ready to leave and had 2-3 hours of sleep each night before that for about 3 straight nights. I had planned well, but everything took a lot of time to do and I had so much to do. I prayed for strength and I received it and didn't feel at all tired or even sleepy until the plane was well underway and I could sleep.

The prayers I need are for Jei Jei, that she has been properly prepared for what is about to occur, that she will feel my love for her and trust me to take good care of her. I've received a blessing before I left that I may be able to feel her feelings and discern her needs, so I feel very safe and confident in what I need to do, but more prayers for the same are welcome. Also please pray for my household back home, that it will be protected and my cats will thrive, especially Henry and my 19 year old girl, Meow.

Travel details:
I'm currently in the Sky City Marriott in Hong Kong. It's very posh and last night I swam one lap in the little indoor pool and sat in a tiny jacuzzi and felt very replenished before going to bed.

This morning, I am up early because my travel companion, B, got up early and I heard her leave. I think she's going to workout in the hotel gym. Please pray for her strength and stamina. She is a spry 67 years old and already saved me more than once from my mistakes. The biggest one was that I got off the plane in HK and left my carryon in the overhead compartment and it was the one that contained Jei Jei's medical supplies. She remembered after taking only two steps onto the ramp off the plane so I rushed back in and got it.

In a few hours we will head back to the airport and fly to Nanchang. I will meet Jei Jei on Monday!

Sorting luggage and carryons.
No, I didn't wear this on the plane!

Checking the bags at SFO. The large green case contains only humanitarian supplies for Jei Jei's orphanage and another foster home in Beijing that cares for medically needy infants and fosters children who are dependent for life due to various conditions. They provides palliative care, giving love and dignity to children who cannot live long.




Following the sun right off the end of the continent!

I think this is over Canada. I don't know if the background snow is glacial ice, but it's so amazing!


On the plane.

In the Hong Kong airport, some stalls had kid toilets next to the adult toilets. I think I'll be using these with Jei Jei on our way home!

8 comments:

Cristy said...

Congrats on making the long flight over. I don't know if you can read these comments, but I have a sweet friend who is also in Nanchang right now and her name is Donna, her husband is CJ and they have 2 Chinese daughters and adopting their 3rd. She is getting her daughter Monday as well. She would be a GREAT resource if you need help with your little one in transition as she is a wealth of information on bonding and attachment.

Have a blessed last few days until you see your girl!

Eliza2006 said...

It's almost time...I have tears in my eyes thinking about it. I have a feeling things will be fine and you will know just what to do.

Melanie Fenton said...

I'm so very excited for you! I'm sending up some prayers for an easy transition for your Jie-Jie!

Special K said...

Safe travels. Have a wonderful trip!

Chrissy said...

Glad you're there! I can't wait to see you together. So thankful that you have an angel with you, looking out for you, in your friend. I can't imagine the difficulties trying to find the supplies you left on the plane if you had to find them in China. I will be checking emails regularly if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with so don't hestitate to ask. Hugs for you & for Jie Jie.

China Dreams said...

Great photos of the mountains. Glad everything went well.

Ruby

The Straight's said...

Great to meet you today here in CHINA!!! Praying your day is wonderful tomorrow. So yes, Cristy, I found her :)

B said...

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! Praying for safe travels and comfort in your heart during the transition for both of you. Happy to hear you were able to get some rest on the plane and a quick dip in the pool at the hotel. Love you! xoxo