Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Sewing Project


I started sewing matching outfits for Jie Jie and her doll today and while I was sewing, I did what my mom did with me, and gave her a scrap of fabric to cut. She snipped for awhile and then indicated that she wanted to do more so I threaded a needle for her and showed her how to stitch. She called it Bao Bao's washcloth and wanted to make a bigger one for herself and here it is...




Here, she is goofing off and when she saw the resulting picture, she roared with laughter and kept chanting, "Big Eyes! Big Eyes!," so I took another one of her trying to smile with big eyes. She has a great sense of humor!


3 comments:

Joannah said...

She is just so lovely! I'm sure you will sew many things together as she grows up. She will learn so much from you. :)

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your latest entries. I know it stings a little (or a lot) when people say unkind things but you should never doubt yourself. You are doing such a good job as Jie Jie's mother. I think you were perfectly matched and are so lucky to have each other. I can tell from the pictures you post that your daughter is happy and adjusting so well. It is amazing how resilient children are. Keep up the good work and just keep on loving your beautiful daughter. lcn

China Dreams said...

My mother was also our 4-H leader and the sewing teacher. I remember how proud I was of my first project like this. Congratulations on your first project!

Ruby