Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Chapter


I knew when my old cat Meow died that my daughter had some kind of experience with death. Out of the blue, last night, she told me about a man at her SWI who died. Her SWI was also a senior home and I saw some very, very old people there when I visited.

She described how the people cried and said "one people die." Everyone walked. I asked if it was a boy or girl and she said a big boy, which I took to mean a man. Just now, with her toys, she enacted a funeral and indicated that there should be flowers on the casket. She described things in as great a detail as she could, all of it very realistic, and even said she was a little scared when she saw the man that died and that his eyes were closed but he wasn't asleep, he had died.

She doesn't seem traumatized at all. It seems like a very normal experience to have gone through and that it was handled appropriately.

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

It's so wonderful that she can tell you about it and I don't think it's a bad thing if she can remember it as a fact of life instead of something she fears.

Ruby

kitchu said...

that is so remarkable. and what a gift that she can share this with you.

(and to answer your question about Hiro, yes, as it was written in the post, he is the nephew of Ransom). Hiro's grandfather is Ransom's father.