Monday, July 25, 2011

Insurance Woes Are OVER


Sorry to be missing in action for so long, but this insurance thing really knocked me around. On the advice of an attorney, I made one more call to Kaiser to ask a very specific question and, by God's grace, just happened to have my call land with a wonderful woman who was appalled at what was happening. She took it upon herself to crusade on my behalf as much as she could and she started a ball rolling that finally got to the right people. I mean it went right up the ranks with lightening speed and she called me personally to let me know that things were looking good. However, I waited to announce it today on my blog because I needed to have the confirmation letter in my hand to assure myself that this was all real.

So, my darling daughter now has exactly what she should have gotten in the first place. It's dated as starting on the day of her adoption, but I will begin paying from July 1 onward. The amount I pay per month, called the premium, is a mere $89, added to my current rate of $198. A very far cry from $1,186.54 per month, plus what I pay for myself.

I'm still traumatized by all of this and I'm waiting for the relief to wash over me, only I know it means starting the hardcore medical stuff now for Jie Jie.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I am so happy to hear this news, and I am sure that you are glad this is over! Way to fight as only a mother can!!!

Anonymous said...

I live in Canada and have been appalled at what you had to go through to insure your sweetie.
Glad it worked out in the end!
Nancy
single mom with 2

Eliza2006 said...

Thank goodness! I need to look into getting private insurance...what you are paying are way less than my monthly premiums through work.

K said...

I'm sure my plan is way less, too. If I'd known anything about insurance ahead of time, I'd have upgraded my own plan before adopting Jie Jie so that she would have a better plan.

China Dreams said...

Thank goodness! It was ridiculous that it took so long, but at least you didn't have a long legal battle with them, adding even more worry to your plate, and now you can rest easy about adoption #2.

Ruby

Carrie said...

Congratulations! What great news! I've been thinking about you and your daughter. Glad things finally worked out.

Chrissy said...

I am so relieved to know that she can now get what she needs and relieved that you no longer have to fight this battle. Now take some time to relax and celebrate that this finally worked out the way it was supposed to! Hugs for both of you guys!