Monday, August 15, 2011

My Big Girl


My daughter is closer to 8 years old now than to seven and tonight when I was tucking her into bed, I could clearly see the big girl within the tiny body. Her face looked like that of a young lady in its excitement of what she was telling me and, for a second, I caught of glimpse of the beautiful woman that she will become.

Tonight she asked me to stay with her until she fell asleep. I've done it a lot, especially at first, but tonight was the first time she made the request. Again, it wasn't out of insecurity, but desire. She really just wants me because she loves me.

She said, "Mama, sleep-a here (indicating her pillow) wait sleep-a me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh. That's so sweet. I'm so happy for you both.LCN

China Dreams said...

That's wonderful.

Ruby