Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy First Halloween




I have a champion trick-o-treater! Jie Jie skipped down the street (just 2 long blocks worth) telling me, "Mama, feet no hurt. More! More! More!"

She's been eagerly awaiting Halloween. There's been a lot of talk amongst the daycare kids about it. I prepared her well, spooky stuff and all, and she was looking forward to it very much. We decorated yesterday and today, all day long, she kept grabbing my hand and kissing it and telling me that she is happy.



I had a party for my daycare. She played all the games enthusiastically.





Today she scraped out her first pumpkin and waited and waited while I carved it with the kitty cat face she desperately wanted.





She trick-o-treated like a pro. I wanted her to stand next to the large air-filled cat as its head turned toward her, but each time it turned, she'd get scared and back away. At the end of the night, we were both thrilled to see a very large xiongmao and he posed for a picture with her.







Yes, we did get over 1000 trick-o-treaters. I ran out of candy by 8:50pm and so did one neighbor. The other neighbor bought 2000 pieces this year and stayed out until about 9:30pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute! It makes me happy that she is happy. What a great first Halloween. You are such a good mom. Love all the pictutes of her.

R

Joannah said...

What a cute costume! :)

I love the way you carved your pumpkins. Very creative.

One thousand pieces of candy? That's incredible!!! I did not pass out candy last night as trick or treating time was Michaela's bedtime, but it sounded very quiet in our neighborhood this year. I probably wouldn't have even gone through a whole bag of candy.