Wednesday, October 26, 2011

House Soooo Clean....


...I hated to make dinner and get the counters dirty!

Today was house cleaner Take 2 and it went very well. I made sure ahead of time that she wasn't allergic to cats and made sure that she knew that cleaning this house included doing whatever dishes may be in the sink and scooping the cat litter boxes. The whole point of having this kind of help is to have a clean house and have more time for my daughter. What good is a clean kitchen floor and counter tops if I have to spend time washing dishes?

I had the house cleaner come and do a MAJOR clean today. She works with a friend so two women came. It's weird for me to have someone else cleaning my house and while I worked downstairs and heard them working upstairs, a part of me kept wondering if I was doing the right thing. After all, my budget is very tight right now. But...

Then they were done - four hours later! Yes, it took two women four hours to clean my 2 1/2 bedroom, 1 tiny bathroom level. I figured at my best it would have taken me 8 hours, but then I'd have been interupted by my child, pets, phone, errands, work, tiredness, etc...

This major clean was to take care of all the things I just can't get to, like the ceiling fan blades, dusting all the door panels, the windows, which I'm sorry to say still had the dust on them from when I sanded Jie Jie's bookshelf in the kitchen back at the beginning of the year, and then all the daily stuff, like the floors and bathroom.

They charged me less than I thought they would, did a very good job, and the sparkling windows are spectacular. It was a great decision to have had them come and I highly recommend it at least twice a year. I'm going to have them keep coming every couple weeks to "do the rough," if I might borrow that British phrase. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I won't have to do any heavy cleaning and can spend time focused on my daughter. I really wished I'd done this right before going to China like one of my blogger friends did. I just didn't think of it. If you want to know what gift to give, I hope you'll consider pooling with others to give the gift of a house cleaner, at least once. It's a double gift. The recipient gets a clean house and someone gets a job, and that will help our nation's economy.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Ooo...what a wonderful treat to yourself! You deserve it! Way to go!!

nancy said...

Good for you and Jie Jie, it's a win-win situation for everyone! Blessings.