Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Day



Mother and Daughter! I've been very emotional lately. My heart is full to bursting. Every minute of every day, I remember how I felt this time last year and in the same minutes, all day long, I look at the beautiful child in front of me and marvel that she's my daughter. I am so very grateful! I love motherhood, as I knew I would, and even more.

A feast for many, but only one guest out of four showed up.

I'm afraid Jie Jie felt a bit let down. I, too, felt let down, in a way. While cooking, Jie Jie would wander into the kitchen and asked, "Mama play with me?" and I'd reply, "No, I have to cook for our big party." When no big party occurred, I felt like I'd have rather played with her and then had soup and sandwiches instead. However, like the optimist she is, Jie Jie perked up once she saw that I meant business when I told her she could have the biggest "bone" to eat that she could imagine. This child can pick a chicken leg bone dry, so I was eager to turn her loose on a turkey leg.

She almost didn't know where to begin!

Mmmm!

After the first sitting, along with mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, squash, cranberry sauce, and gravy.

After a second go at the same leg later for dinner.

The final pies. See the carnage our cat Merlin wrought on the apple pie? They still tasted great!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the turkey leg cracks me up!

R