Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Whole Lot of Kisses


My darling Jie Jie is falling more and more in love with me. She is showering me with kisses. She wasn't kissed before so I had to teach her about kisses and she's still got some learning to do. For example, today I taught her how to kiss without leaving a saliva trail. She also kisses over and over in the same place, like on my hand, which almost starts to feel like she sucking on me, because her kisses have been so wet. It's funny and sad at the same time.

She says, "I kissy ni lot." (I kiss you a lot)
I aske, "Why do you kiss mama?"
She replies, "I ai ni big one." (I love you a lot)
"Why do you ai wo?" (love me)
"Ni sing me. I like ni sing me."

We've all heard and felt the power of song and music, but this week another mom posted a very touching story of her newly adopted teenage daughter singing to her and what it meant to both of them.

It's amazing that it's the simple things, the most natural ones, that Jie Jie notices and feels the most.

No comments: