Thursday, December 1, 2011

Safe and Sound


Right after I posted the last post, it got very quiet outside. The wind suddenly subsided just after 2am. I didn't see any damage on my block and the wind was so strong that it actually swept all the leaves in the front completely away. There's not a leaf in the street now, but last night I saw a great wall of them blowing down the road. My backyard had a ton of leaves from the neighbors persimmon tree, but someone from New England would say there were only a few, so I didn't mind raking them up.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I haven't kept up with the news at all so I missed hearing about the people in Canada suffering with 80mph winds and the damage that caused. I hope they all get the help they need to make repairs.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

So glad to hear you're ok and no damage was done to your home! God's protection for sure!

So many weird winds all over the place this week! Hopefully you've seen the end of it in your area.

Anonymous said...

The Santa Ana winds is what I heard. I live in Texas and we have 60 mile an hour winds a lot! There have been times I thought the roof would blow off. A few years ago we had a full blown blizard Christmas Eve in Texas. Lets hope we don't have a repeat this year.

Renate