Sunday, December 18, 2011

Shopping for My Girl, With My Girl


I've not left Jie Jie with anyone yet. I don't feel like I need to for my sake and I know it's not in her best interest either. So, I've dragged her around quite a bit this week, staying out pretty late each night. She's a trouper!

It didn't take me long to figure out how to slip things into the shopping cart without her seeing them and even passing through checkout. Checkout involves giving the checker a heads up to be on the sly, then I distract Jie Jie as I unload onto the conveyor belt. Everything has stayed in the car.

Now getting her to shop for a present for me was simple. She knew she needed my help to pick something out that I'd like, so I chose an item, asked if she'd like to buy it for me for Christmas, she'd agree, I'd pay, then told her that she had to wrap it and put it under the tree. Then she said I had to help her wrap because she didn't know how and I agreed that we'd do it closer to Christmas.

There are definite advantages to having an older child who has never experienced Christmas. She's so easy-going about it all, but definitely excited and even has put together how Santa is supposed to work, though I'm not encouraging it, I'm not discouraging it either.

No comments: