Wednesday, January 4, 2012

M.I.A.


I've posted some Christmas pictures, scroll down to see them!

I will be missing in action for about two weeks, though I'll try to get some pictures up. My agency forgot to let me know ahead of time that my I600A is about to expire so I'm scrambling like crazy to get everything done to renew it. Just for the record, my agency has been GREAT. This is the first mistake they've made and they probably caught it in the nick of time.

I am so envious of all the people who just get pregnant and pop out their babies and then they are parents, no fingerprinting, homestudies, I600s, CPA letters, financial statements, medical exams and reports, TB tests, attachment classes, etc... Why can't adoption be easier and less expensive?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Im not as fond of the agency as you. I had difficulty getting a hold of a copy of the home study for our first daughter (just for her personal records, it was important to me), and finally got one with COPY in big red stamped all over it.
And they were late with this second adoption (twice) on informing me of the due dates. The first time, I got it in a day before the due date. The second time, it was a month late, even though I had called the agency several times in advance to inform them that time was of the essence. I think the problem (from my perspective) is that there is a high turnover for China coordinators, and it really depends on how much info the next coordinator has, both on individual cases and on China IA in general.

Just curious, now that you are renewing again (ours is not due for another 7 months), is this next one free again like the first time we had to renew?

Carrie said...

Good luck! I hate doing this paperwork garbage! Not a lot of fun, especially if you have to do it in a hurry. I enjoy reading your blog. Your daughter is beautiful!