Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Family is Growing!




Introducing Sissy! No, that's not her real name, it's her blog name. This is beautiful young lady will soon be my second daughter! My agency called this morning to let me know that CCCWA has granted me pre-approval.

I knew before I travelled for Jie Jie that there was someone older just waiting and waiting for me, now I found her. Sissy is 13 years-old and will turn 14 in November. I have to travel in September or sooner in order to avoid the trade shows in Guangzhou and keep ahead of her 14th birthday. I must sign the adoption decree by her 14th birthday or she will "age out" and no longer be allowed to be adopted.

Sissy attends public school outside the SWI and is an "average" student. She loves to help with the young babies, especially the ill babies. This is one of the things that really drew me to her. I am also a nurturer. I have video of Sissy from someone who knows her and was told, "She is a very good girl." This "someone" is an American woman who lived in China and volunteered at Sissy's SWI twice a week. She advocated for Sissy and someone who knew I had a place in my heart and home for a teenage girl connected us.

For those interested, I am submitting a new dossier for Sissy under the new singles rules. I still have my original dossier in the non-special needs line. I will also be using my grandfathered I600A status. This is my ONLY window to adopt a third child, but reserve the right to stop at two if I feel my family is complete, continue waiting in the non-special needs line if I don't, or find another waiting child. The reason this is my only window to adopt is because, under the singles rules, CCCWA doesn't allow a single woman to adopt if the youngest child at home is under 6 years old. I also want to give Sissy the time and attention she deserves for her adjustment to family life before bringing another child home. Therefore, she will be coming home soon!

I was more nervous about this adoption because it's not only my life at stake, but also Jie Jie's, but I've lost that feeling and know that I'm as ready as possible and so is Jie Jie. Jie Jie is VERY excited and I know she will benefit from having an older sister as much as Sissy will benefit from having a younger sister.

Please celebrate with Jie Jie and me as we embark on this marvelous journey to Sissy!



16 comments:

Karen said...

WOW Big congrats. She looks so sweet...and smart. Wonderful news.

Cristy said...

Congratulations! My sister adopted a 13 year old last year, and she is thriving! Her biggest struggle has been A) Learning English
B) What grade in school she should be in. SHe is in public school in 5th grade doing k-1st grade work. Not ideal at all.

If you homeschool you can easily lay the foundation for her of each grade level and move on when she's mastered it, and she'll catch up in no time!

How exiting for your family!!

Chris said...

HOORRAY!
she is a beauty-and we all know He has picked the perfect daughter for your family!
Congrats

Amy said...

Congratulations on growing your family!! She is such pretty girl.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! To all three of you. What an adventure and what a gift. LCN

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I am so happy for your family.

Renate

Donna -N- Andrew said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to follow along on this new journey.
Donna

Carrie said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! I'm very excited for you and your growing family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all!

Sandra

Lisa~~ said...

Fabulous, big huge congrats!

gail said...

She is such a beautiful young lady. Congratulations on your new addition. Blessings all around!

Vicki said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I cannot wait to meet her when I am up in your area again! I will pray for a fast, smooth, process and a smooth transition! You will be forever changed.
Love Vicki
http://www.pomafamily.blogspot.com

Oh, by the way the code I had to write was conviction!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations - can't wait to follow this exciting journey.

foreverfamily said...

so exciting!!!

Catherine said...

Wow! Congratulations! What an amazing opportunity for all 3 of you!

Gina said...

OMG!!! That is so awesome!