Monday, April 16, 2012

First Playdate Away


Jie Jie reached a milestone today (well, yesterday). She had a play date at someone else's house! So far, all the friends have come to our house. She's been more than ready for this, but we got side-tracked with all the medical stuff for the last 6 weeks or so. The friend is in her Sunday School class and she's a very nice little girl a couple months younger than Jie Jie but a whole lot taller.

Jie Jie said that they played with dolls (the American Girl kind), played in the toy kitchen and with a toy phone, jumped on a mini trampoline outside, she read a book, and the older girl (big sister) had a birthday today, but had her party on a different day. Oh, and they played with a white board. Jie Jie showed them how to spell her name.

I've never left her anywhere before except at home with my employees for only a few minutes. Jie Jie didn't miss me at all, that's how ready she was for this. I was too rushed doing what needed to get done, to feel anything but my now-normal exhaustion. I'm almost on the "other side" or "see the light at the end of the tunnel" and can start living a normal life again, where sleep is included.

We also went to church in the morning. It was the first time in a long time. Jie Jie LOVES church. I sat there feeling very raw. It's so easy to be touched by the spirit when your heart is on your sleeve and you're feeling vulnerable, isn't it? I'll rest and relax after this Friday's renal ultrasound, come what may. I didn't want this post to turn heavy, but again, Jie Jie could use your prayers that her kidneys have recovered under her new treatment and that the ultrasound on Friday will show nice normal kidneys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for healthy kidneys.
Rest for Mom.

Love
Renate

Princess D said...

I know this is very late and am reading them in chronological order, but you, Jie Jie and both her sisters are in my prayers.
Glad her first play date went so well :) And that you were able to attend church as well.