Friday, June 22, 2012

Taking the Plunge


I have finally decided on a stroller for Jie Jie. After SERIOUS consideration, it's going to be this one from adaptivemall.com, which is on sale through the end of this month, so it's a good thing I made this a priority:




I was offered a loaner "stroller" from the physical therapist, but it was like a wheelchair, rather cumbersome and freaked me out by how medical it looked. My mind kept screaming at me, "She not THAT disabled." I will openly admit that I'm afraid of the stigma a wheelchair will bring to my daughter in China and don't want her to be exposed to that. I also don't want Sissy exposed to that. I feel bad putting it so baldly out there, but my mama's heart just can't take a wheelchair for the lesser-level of help Jie Jie needs. Now, if she needed one, I'd certainly be happy to have one, but since that's not the case, I'm sticking to a stroller.

The EIO Special Tomato looks very comfortable and easy to manage and goes up to 90 pounds. She's going to look smaller than ever in it, but I cannot get through the airports in a hurry, if needed, without this, much less the Safari Park or any long walks. It also has room for gear, which will save my back.

4 comments:

Cristy said...

Yay!!! I'm waiting for ours to be delivered today. I'll post pictures on my blog. :) I think you made a great decision!

Princess D said...

First of all love the name of the brand--special tomato. I know that has nothing to do with the reason for the choice, but how cute!
That looks like a very fine stroller, super comfortable.
Thanks for being truthful on your blog. . .it really helps to not just read sugar coated posts (which is what some other blogs seem to be, since it seems to be a disservice to myself I stop reading :( ) It helps to know what is on the other side of wanting/waiting and I'm grateful for it! Though I'm sure it's not always easy for you.

kitchu said...

we say "handi-abled" in this house :) because there is almost nothing our (very) disabled girl can't do!

kitchu said...

(and we think wheelchairs are so cool!).